ELRAH is currently distributing this invitation for employers to attend a workshop to discuss whether there is demand for employees who have achieved a Modern Apprenticeship or an SVQ to continue their work-based training to degree-level. Please contact them on the details at the bottom of the email if you are interested in contributing to this discussion.
The Edinburgh, Lothians, Fife and Borders Regional Articulation Hub (ELRAH) has been established by the Scottish Funding Council (SFC) to develop and maintain ways in which people obtaining HNC or HND qualifications or work-based equivalent qualifications with Scotland’s Colleges can use them to access Degree level study without having to repeat years 1 and 2.
As part of our work, ELRAH is undertaking a study to assess demand for a new range of degree level courses which would enable people in employment holding SVQ, Modern Apprenticeships (MA) or HNC/D qualifications to use these qualifications to continue to study at degree level, predominately in the workplace.
As part of this study, we are holding a workshop aimed at Employers in the: engineering, manufacturing, construction, renewable energy, hospitality, tourism and leisure, health and social work sectors.
The workshop objectives are to:
- Assess demand for using VQs to progress to degree study
- Establish employer demand for work-based degrees as a vehicle for workforce skills development, skills utilisation and career progression
- Identify key motivators for employers
- Identify methods of course delivery that integrates with working patterns
- Explore roles for Employers, Universities and Colleges
- Identify issues/challenges that may be encountered when delivering degree level courses in the workplace
- Discuss different models and levels of funding
- Discuss what outcomes are important to Employers
- Explore measurable impact on employer performance and its contribution to the company
- Agree a “way forward” for building partnerships in each sector
Who Should Attend
Employers, Company HR and CPD Managers, Sector Skills Councils
Date and Venue
The workshop will take place at Edinburgh Napier University on Friday 30 October 09 between 10.30am – 3.30pm in the Castle Room, New Craig, Craighouse Campus. Lunch will be provided.
If you are interested in taking part and making a contribution to the discussion, please contact Ian Castles, ELRAH Administrator, E: email@example.com, T: 0131 455 6170 no later than Friday 23 October 09.